Whats Coming up this Week 5/13-5/19
Hello once again, Keith here giving you a preview of what to expect this week on the Sojourn Press.
- 5/15/2012 a player article “Character is plot story is king” by Caleb
- 5/16/2012 Carl releases part 2 of “Building a better Gm” discussing using experence
- 5/17/2012 Caleb is posting “Crowds and Mobs”
- 5/18/2012 “Using board games and card games for RPGs” By keith
- 5/19/2012 Carl is going to be posting “How to guide players without railroading”
This Weeks favorite RPG video of the Week
The Dungeons and Dragon scenes from the last episode of Freaks and Geeks are some of the best representations of table top games on television. Gaming for many years has had a bad reputation. Many times getting it confused with larping, “You nerds dress up right?” In the last 10 years role-playing games have a better media presence. Another positive representation is the dungeons and dragons episode of Community. In the episode the characters do no dress up and they actually don’t try to represent the game world. Leaving the setting to be created by the imagination of the viewer.
What are some of your favorite references to Rpg’s in popular culture?